• By Dr. John Fudens

    House plants and flowers may be nice to look at and beautify our homes, but they can be harmful to our pets. Most pets enjoy chewing on greenery, but they can be poisoned if they choose the wrong plant.

    Symptoms of plant poisoning can include vomiting and diarrhea, low body temperature, irregular heartbeat, muscle spasms, drowsiness, dehydration and coma.

    Some of the common plants your pet should avoid are lily of the valley, rhododendron, daffodil, poinsettia, mushrooms, buttercup, foxglove, morning glory, oleander ivy, yews, tobacco and dieffenbachia.

    The best treatment is prevention so prevent your pets from having access to these plants. Then provide them with a source of greenery by adding raw or slightly cooked vegetables to their food, add different sprouts to their diet like alfalfa, grow fresh grass in boxes or containers to their can eat when they want.

    TO YOUR GOOD HEALTH

    Posted by Dr. John Fudens